Well someone sure put some sunshine into my Monday!
I would like to send a big ‘thank you’ out to a fellow blogger, M, from Beauty of my Chaotic Mind for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award.
The rules of the Sunshine Blogger Award are:
• Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blogging sites.
• Answer their questions.
• Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
• Notify the nominees about it by commenting on one of their blog posts.
• List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award logo on your site or your own post.
OK, now to get down to business and answer M’s questions.
1. What inspired you to start blogging?
I have always had ambitions of writing a novel; I have probably ten different works in progress at various stages, but I have never completely finished one. Blogging seemed to me to be a way to write without being overwhelmed by the enormity of a novel. I suppose my inspiration for blogging also goes back to the days of being the editor of my high school newspaper- but now I have full control of everything with my own blog.
2. Share one thing about yourself that not many people know
For some reason, birds hate me… Maybe they can sense my fear of them. I’ve been terrorized by roosters, chased by geese, had my head pooped on at the zoo, and had a seagull get stuck in my hair at Seaworld.
3. What is your vision for your blog?
I would love to grow my blog and be able to write full time, instead of trying to sneak in some blogging time during lunch or at night.
4. If your story was written in a book what would the name and theme be?
I think if my story was written in a book it would be similar to an American version of Bridget Jones’ Diary, only I’m chubbier, I have worse luck and more anxiety, and I curse more. I would call it All I want is Chocolate and a Nap.
5. Board games or video games?
Board games all the way. I love word games or puzzle-solving games.
6. What inspires you?
My children and husband inspire me. I try to be a better person each day and to be a good role model for them.
7. Would you rather sunbathe on a beach or climb Mount Everest?
I’ve never been the athletic type so I would rather sunbathe on a beach.
8. If you could go back in time what would your advice be to your younger self?
I would tell my much younger self to not compare myself to others and not feel bad because I don’t fit in. The things that make you different are what make you special and it’s OK not to be like everyone else.
9. What is the last book you read?
I am currently reading The Ragged Edge of Night, by Olivia Hawker.
10. If money was no object what places/ countries would you visit?
I would go to Egypt to see the Valley of the Kings, the Sphinx, and the pyramids. In South America, I have always wanted to visit Macchu Picchu and the rainforest in the Amazon. I would love to go to Jerusalem. I would also love to visit Russia.
11. Camping in nature or 5-star hotel?
Camping in nature.
My nominees for the Sunshine Blogger Award are:
My questions are:
- Why do you blog?
- How did you choose your blogging niche?
- What advice would you give to someone who is thinking of starting a blog?
- Do you tell others that you blog, or do you keep it secret?
- Do you begin writing with a pen and paper or only use the computer?
- What has been the best part of blogging for you?
- Coffee or tea?
- What book would you recommend to others to read?
- Star Trek or Star Wars?
- If you could meet one person of your choice, from any time period, anywhere, who would it be?
- How would you say your coworkers would describe you?
Have a great evening!