Inspired by a blog post I recently read, I thought it would be fun to share some facts about myself that I haven’t written about before.
I wasn’t sure what to include, so I just started writing. A lot of it is totally random!
I hope you find it interesting and I would love if it sparked some conversation! I have been enjoying getting to know some of my readers.
- I believe in building women up instead of tearing them down. I don’t care if you are young or old, rich or poor, black, white, or alien- you are a sister to me and I will treat you that way.
- I love chocolate and hazelnut everything!
- I have traveled to 20 different countries. I have been to Europe three times.
- On my last trip, in 2008, I traveled alone to France and spent three weeks in a French language immersion program. I then met my friend Laura in Paris and we traveled with her partner and his friend to Marseilles for a few days. The trip was one of the scariest and most rewarding things I have ever done.
- Eek! My birthday is in 2 days…
- I asked my mom to make me an incredible peanut butter sheet cake. I will share the recipe and photos next week.
- You know you must now be old and boring when you are asked what you would like for your birthday and you send your mom a link to a new curtain rod and curtains on walmart.com
- When we were kids, I tricked my younger and gullible sister into believing that she was adopted. She believed me for three years. I know it sounds horrid now, but she was a pain in the ass back then!
- I have been using the Duolingo app to learn Klingon.
- I have worked in different aspects healthcare since I was 17. I started as a dietary aide and cook, I later worked in a laundry, I have had 3 different positions in medical records, and I have been in my current position in physician practice administration for going on 6 years.
- My favorite author is Stephen King. I took my mother, who is also a fan, to see him talk at a university. She won a signed copy of one of his books.
- I have *almost* every Stephen King book published.
- My favorite movie is The Royal Tannenbaums. Sometimes if I get in a funk I will watch that movie, cry at the end, and be all good.
- I adore Wes Anderson movies.
- I hate wearing high heels and have a hard time walking in them because I have weak ankles from spraining them both several times (I am a klutz). I would wear Converse all the time if I could get away with it.
- I had a haircut on Sunday and cut off about 5 inches in length, so I now have a stacked bob. My husband was worried that I would come home with a pixie cut (I have been known to do that, more than once).
- I have been to probably about 50 concerts. My favorite being Arcade Fire,The Dead, Bob Dylan, Phish, The Killers, and Dave Matthews.
- I collect blown glass paper weights. My first was given to me by my grandfather- he’d got it as a gift for my great-grandmother on leave in Switzerland during WWII and carried it with him until he came home.
Have a great day!