I would like to send a big ‘thank you’ out to my fellow blogger, Marianna, from European Slice of Life for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award.
This is my second nomination for this award. I am so grateful to all of the kind and supportive blogging community on Twitter for all of their knowledge, experience, and help in growing my blog.
Rules for the Sunshine Blogger Award
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blogging site.
- List the Sunshine Blogger Award rules and display the logo on your site.
- Answer the Sunshine Blogger Award questions.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees about their nominations – I will be using Twitter.
OK, now to get down to business and answer Marianna’s questions.
What is your favorite Elton John song?
I would say that Levon and Your Song are my favorite songs performed by Elton John. I prefer his earlier albums.
Which European country did you visit?
I have traveled to Europe three times and have visited 18 different countries, but I have spent the most time in France.
What is your favorite part of blogging? Why?
My favorite part of blogging is being able to express myself and reach a lot of people. I love all kinds of art, as well, but writing is pretty much free – whereas art supplies can be expensive! I get the whole starving artist stereotype.
What is your favorite dessert?
Which movie would resemble your life?
That is a tough question… I’m sure just about any of the National Lampoon’s Vacation movies would come pretty close.
What made you start blogging?
I needed a creative outlet after my daughter was born. When I was home on maternity leave I loved every moment of being with her but I was no longer able to paint or concentrate on a project anytime I wanted to. Blogging was something that I could pick up and work on while she was sleeping and I’ve kept with it since then.
How many states did you visit in the USA?
Off the top of my head, I would say 14 or 15, most of which were just ridden through on the train from Kansas to California or driven through on the Interstate Highway from Kansas to Virginia.
Are you a morning or a night person?
Since I’ve had kids I would say that I am a midday person! I think I am most awake and productive around that time. Before and after that I feel like a sleepwalker. I rely on coffee to stay awake some afternoons.
Coffee or Tea person?
I love both, but I couldn’t live without coffee.
What is your fondest memory from your childhood?
My fondest memory from childhood would be lying on the slide of my swing set in the backyard, looking up at the clouds, while singing songs on my portable radio.
Beach or mountains for a relaxing weekend? Why?
I love both, but I would say the mountains. I love being in the mountains with all of the trees because the area I live in is mostly flat farmland without as many trees as the rest of the country.
My Sunshine Blogger Nominees are:
Questions for my Nominees
- What is your least favorite part of blogging?
- What has been the best way to promote your blog in social media?
- Do your friends and family read your blog?
- What 3 things would you take with you on a desert island?
- Where is 1 place in the world you would like to travel to?
- Are you married and do you have any children?
- Do you prefer a bath or shower?
- Do you follow current events in your country/around the world?
- Do you vote? If not, why not?
- What was your favorite subject to study in school?
- What are 5 words that describe you?
Have a beautiful day!